The SMSCS has developed the following six-step process to assist sport organizations in the development of their Concussion Management Protocol Plan. Our six-step process follows the Canadian Guideline on Concussions in Sport created by Parachute Canada.
- Contact the SMSCS (see contact info below) to receive additional resources and a copy of the newly revised CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT PLANNING TOOL (CMPT).
- Review the CMPT. Then go through the numerous other resources the SMSCS has listed on their website (video’s, handouts, websites, posters, apps) to see which of these resources best suite the needs of your sport organization to assist in the development your CMPT.
- Re-contact the SMSCS to set up a meeting to discuss the CMPT, your sport’s specific concerns/questions, as well as your selected resources.
- Develop your sport organization’s Concussion Management Protocol Plan and forward it to the SMSCS to be reviewed by an SMSCS consultant/expert.
- Sport Organizations make appropriate changes recommended by SMSCS Consultant, and then brings their Plan forward to their Board of Directors for approval.
- Submit approved Plan to SMSCS to keep on file.
For further information and how to develop your CMPT contact:
Sport Medicine & Science Council of Saskatchewan Inc.
2205 Victoria Avenue, Regina, SK S4P 0S4
Toll Free: 1-888-350-5558
The content and resources contained in this site is intended for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be a substitute for appropriate medical advice or care. If you believe that you or someone under your care has sustained a concussion we strongly recommend that you contact a qualified health professional for appropriate diagnosis and treatment. The collaborators have made responsible efforts to include accurate and timely information. However the individuals and organizations listed on this website make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy of the information contained and specifically disclaim any liability in connection with the content on this site.